Saturday, February 20, 2010

Soju in Jeonju

We made it out for our big night on the town.  I had my first experience with Soju, which was such a stereotypical Korean beverage.  Koreans looooovvveeee sugary drinks.  The coffee here is so similar to the coffee my grandpa used to make for me when I was really young (Cowboy Coffee) which is essentially 1 part coffee, 1 part cream, 2 parts sugar.  This morning, when I woke up with just a bit of a hangover, I reached desperately for my water only to find the bottle was empty (boo), so I thought, "ah ha! I'll just drink the apple juice they gave me in my welcome package!" *Sigh* 1 part apple juice, 1 part water, 2 parts sugar.  Disgusting....

Anyway, I digress.  Soju!  It's like watered down vodka with a Korean helping of sugar. It's actually not nearly as bad as their many other sugar drinks, so I think I can get the hang of drinking it.  I saw one kid that got a little carried away and had to be carried home, and the entire lecture hall this morning was looking more than just a little rough.

Not much time today, but I thought I'd post a few pictures to humor my dad :).

Jeonju at night


Korean fondue! Kind of. Yes, that is whole crab legs you see in there...


Soju shots!

1 comment: